Erie, Pennsylvania – October has finally arrived, and with it comes the start of the 25th Anniversary Season of Erie Otters hockey. In commemoration of the milestone, the Otters have planned out an extensive promotional calendar for all 34 games during the 2021-22 season.
Headed by Otters’ Director of Sales & Marketing Chad Westerburg, the team looks to turn every game this season into more than a hockey game, but an entertainment event with something for everyone in Erie and surrounding communities.
“Our organization is proud to be able to offer a different, unique brand of fun for the whole family every home game we have this season.” said Westerburg. “Nothing quite matches the excitement of the game of hockey, but being able to exhibit the full range of fun that can turn the game into an memorable night of fun for all is something special. We look forward to entertaining new and returning fans every time they come to the Erie Insurance Arena.”
There’s something to offer for fans of all ages, of all levels of love of hockey, and for all family types. Start a Spooktacular weekend off right on Saturday, October 30 with Haunted Hockey Night, with Trick-or-Treating at the game and the spookiest family fun in the area (no need to worry about weather!). Bring a Teddy Bear on Saturday, November 27 for our annual Teddy Bear Toss and get the opportunity to throw something on the ice for a great cause. Join the Otters in a galaxy far, far away at an ice rink not-so far, far away on Saturday, January 8 for Star Wars Night, featuring all your favorite characters from the saga. Don’t forget – every single Sunday game this season is a Family FUNday! Sundays will feature affordable fun for the whole family with kids’ favorite characters, and activities for all to enjoy around the arena.
An all-new addition to Friday night games kickoff the weekend fun even sooner, with every Friday being Happy Hour Friday – discounted drink specials on your favorite adult beverages. Pricing and details to be announced shortly. What better way to celebrate the end of the school week for students at Gannon, Mercyhurst, Behrend, and all surrounding colleges and universities then with our College ID Nights. With a Valid College ID, students will be able to enjoy exclusively-priced seats at all Friday Otters’ games.
Don’t just celebrate the holidays – live them to the max! From our annual Thanksgiving Night Game on Thursday, November 25, to kissing 2021 goodbye at New Year’s Rockin’ Eve on Friday, December 31 (Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night, too), and the biggest party in NWPA at the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration on Saturday, March 12. The Otters are also excited and honored to be participating in the Ontario Hockey League’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Game at 2 P.M. on Monday, January 17.
The spirit of the Otters work in the community continues in a major way in 2021-22, as we sport a number of awareness and fundraising nights this year. Starting off on Saturday, November 13 by honoring the active-duty and retired military men and women of our community on Military Appreciation Night (pres. by UPMC Health Plan, UPMC Hamot, and Plyler Entry Systems). In 2022, the Otters have two nights honoring the battles against all Cancer and Breast Cancer with Hockey Fights Cancer Night (pres. by UPMC Health Plan & UPMC Hamot) on Saturday, January 15 and Pink in the Rink (pres. by American Cancer Society) on Saturday, February 12 respectively. Both nights will feature a specialty jersey to-be auctioned off after the game. Along the way are our efforts in breaking down stigmas with our Mental Health Awareness Night on Wednesday, February 16 and our Sensory Friendly Game on Sunday, March 27.
All that AND more is in the works for this milestone season of Otters Hockey, culminating in Saturday, January 29’s 25th Anniversary Night, with many more details on that to come. During the course of the season, the Erie Otters are excited to unveil a number of fantastic giveaways for the fans, as well. Items and giveaway nights to be announced. With these promotions, the Otters organization looks to continue to be a staple of Erie County’s premiere affordable-entertainment, and continue to give back to the community by providing a highly-entertaining event every game day.
Below is the list of all 34 home game days with the respective matching promotion or theme night. All games start at 7:00 P.M. EST (excl. Sunday’s, which start at 2:00 P.M. EST) unless stated otherwise below. Printable schedule available HERE.
- Saturday, Oct. 23 – Opening Night 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 24 – Family Funday
- Friday, Oct. 29 – Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night
- Saturday, Oct. 30 – Haunted Hockey
- Saturday, Nov. 13 – Military Appreciation Night (pres. by UPMC Health Plan, UPMC Hamot, & Plyler Entry Systems)*
- Thursday, Nov. 25 – Thanksgiving
- Saturday, Nov. 27 – Teddy Bear Toss
- Saturday, Dec. 11 – Superhero Night
- Sunday, Dec. 12 – Family FUNday
- Saturday, Dec. 18 – Winter Wonderland
- Friday, Dec. 31 – New Year’s Rockin’ Eve (special 6 P.M. start time)
- Saturday, Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day Celebration
- Saturday, Jan. 8 – Star Wars Night
- Saturday, Jan. 15 – Hockey Fights Cancer (pres. by UPMC Health Plan and UPMC Hamot)*
- Monday, Jan. 17 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day Game (special 2 P.M. start time)
- Saturday, Jan. 22 – Kids Takeover Game
- Sunday, Jan. 23 – Family FUNday
- Friday, Jan. 28 – Happy Hour / College ID Night
- Saturday, Jan. 29 – 25th Anniversary Night
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – School Day Game (pres. by UPMC Health Plan and UPMC Hamot) (special 11 A.M. start time)
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – TBA (special 6 P.M. start time)
- Saturday, Feb. 12 – Pink in the Rink (pres. by American Cancer Society)*
- Wednesday, Feb. 16 – Mental Health Awareness Night
- Friday, Feb. 18 – Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night
- Saturday Feb. 19 – Faith & Family Night (pres. by WCTL)
- Friday, Mar. 4 – Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night
- Saturday, Mar. 5 – Arcade / ’90s Night
- Wednesday, Mar. 9 – TBA
- Friday, Mar. 11 – Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night
- Saturday, Mar. 12 – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration*
- Saturday, Mar. 26 – First Responders Night (pres. by Plyler Entry Systems)
- Sunday, Mar. 27 – Sensory Friendly Game
- Friday, Apr. 1 – Happy Hour Friday / College ID Night
- Saturday, Apr. 2 – Fan Appreciation Night
* = Specialty Jersey Night | Schedule Subject to Change
Additional promotional nights, giveaways, and specialty merchandise/jerseys are to-be announced at a later date, as well.
All of these great promotional nights are already for sale in the Otters’ ticket packages, from Season Tickets, to the customizable Flex Plan Packages, and choose-your-own-game Voucher Packs.
Single-game tickets are on-sale Friday (Oct. 8) at 10 A.M. – don’t miss out on your chance to have your seat reserved for all the fun! If you have any questions, or would like to learn more information on ticket packages, promotional nights, and pricing, please call the Otters Office at (814) 455-7779.
For the latest Otters news, visit OttersHockey.com, or follow the team on Facebook (Facebook.com/erieottershockey), Twitter (@ErieOtters), and Instagram (@ErieOtters).
For further information on the Erie Otters and for media inquiries, please contact Shawn Bednard at email@example.com.